Tuesday, June 16, 2009

La Jeudi Dernière

Ever been to Grenoble? If you haven't, then you should. It is such a beautiful city. It was the host of the 1968 Winter Olympics, has a 19th century bastille on top of a mountain, and is a bustling metropolis. We climbed onto a train around 1:50pm on Thursday and got the afternoon to explore the city. Firstly, we all got on a gondola that took us up to the mountain so we could look around the bastille. Unfortunately, it was closed for a party, so we just got to take in the amazing view of the city. I got a lot of pictures. I wanted to explore as much of the mountain as I could, so I wandered around with a guy in our group named Katin. He's from California and swing dances. We're planning on getting together to do some swing soon. But anyway, when we got back to the main area, everyone was gone! So we just walked around a bit more and then took the gondola back down to explore the city.

The city was really nice. We walked through the park next to the gondola entrance and ended up in the shopping district. We found a bookstore and I finally bought a French book. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. In French, of course. Then we headed back to the train station to meet up with everyone but stopped at a Kebab place before we got there. I had a delicious chicken sandwich and French fries. I couldn't stand the flavor! It was too good. Then we came back to Chambéry and homework.

My weekend in Italy was fantastic, but that's going to take awhile to get through, so I think I'll save that for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment