Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Halfway Done...

...With the week, that is. Yesterday was a very long day. I had my normal day of class: 9am to 12:30pm, and then an hour for lunch before an extra lesson from 1:30 to 3:30. I had the option of signing up for the cuisine course or the geography of France class. Since I'd rather just experience the cusine firsthand, I took the geography class. I actually learned something! I know there are more mountain ranges than just the Pyrennes and the Alps. I know there are 100 departments in France, and that there are 63 million people living in this country. After the class was over, I went over plans for Italy with some of the people and then we went to Carrefour--the Costco of France (without the buying in bulk or the membership). Afterward, I had a dinner of pasta with bread and cheese (delcious), and then went for some ice cream with Heather from Georgia. After that, we went up to Prakalp's room (he's from India and we're both going to Italy with him this weekend) and did out homework. We didn't get done until after midnight.

Today, a long day of classes once more, and then I went with Lydia to the Monoprix so she could get a bathing suit, and then we went to Le Bourget au Lac for the day. The lake is literally at the bottom of the Le Mont du Chat (Cat Mountain!) and it was just surrounded by mountains. The water wasn't too cold or too warm. Everyone else, though, thought it was too cold. They need to experience the Washington or Oregon Coast. But it was goregous there, and the weather was just right for going to the lake. I think I got a little more tan, but I still have a farmer's and watch tanline.

After we got back, Lydia, Greg, David, and I walked down to the train station and bought tickets for Nice the weekend of the Fourth of July. It's going to be so much fun! I can't believe I'm doing so much here. This is exactly what I wanted to do.

I should probably get working on my homework for it's salsa dancing tonight and tomorrow ISEP is going to Grenoble for the day. We're going on a gondola up the mountain! I'm so excited!

Friday evening, we're leaving for Milan and then Saturday morning we're going to Venice. Next weekend is Paris. This is so amazing. I'm still in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment